Oasis Of Two Scimitars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oasis Of Two Scimitars

A Gorean RP In The Tahari

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Format: Contract of Free Companionship

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Format: Contract of Free Companionship Empty
PostSubject: Format: Contract of Free Companionship   Format: Contract of Free Companionship Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:19 am

Contract of Free Companionship

"There is no marriage as we know it on Gor, but there is the institution of free companionship, which is its nearest correspondent. More commendably, a free woman may herself, of her own free will, agree to be such a companion. Such relationships are not entered into lightly, and they are normally sundered only by death." ---Outlaw of Gor, p 54

The setting down of this legal document in written form by Scribe's Signature Here of the Caste of Scribes, on this, the (Enter Gorean Date here) serves as the Contract of Companionship between two Gorean Free Persons:

Free Man's Name, Home Stone, Rank, Caste, & House
Free Woman's Name, Home Stone, Rank, Caste, & House

This contract may only be severed in the following cases: Death, Slavery, Non-Renewal, or by the breaking of terms set down in the legal contract below. Any breaking of the written terms will result in the immediate dissolution of the Contract, and all written penalties shall immediately apply. Legal representation of the Caste of Scribes shall oversee and enforce the application of all terms if such event occurs. If the Free Man named in this contract is a Warrior, the enforcing of terms will be exercised by the Caste of Scribes in conjunction with the Caste of Warriors of the Free Man's Home Stone. Guilt incurred by either party of this Contract shall in all due fairness be investigated, testimony gathered and evidence studied, by the Caste of Scribes and the ruling Warrior presence of the Free Man's Home Stone in order to reach the fair and just ruling under Gorean Law.

I, (Scribe's Signature Here), of the Caste of Scribes do hereby attest that both parties are resolute in entering into this Free Companionship of their own free will.

I. Companionship Price. (The Scribe will verify one of the two cases indicated below)

The companionship price ('bride price') for the Lady (enter FW's SN here) in the amount of (list coin and/or properties demanded) has been paid by (enter Free Man's SN here ), to her Father/Legal Guardian (state that man's name, Home Stone, and rank here).
~OR~
The Lady (place the FW's name here) has no living relatives to whom a companionship price would be paid; or her previous companionship(s) cancels/cancel the required companionship price. This is agreeable to the Free Man entering the Companionship (Free Man's signature here).

II. Dowry. (Scribe will Verify one of the two conditions below)

The Free Man entering this companionship contract has received a Dowry for the Lady in the amount of (state coin and/or properties given to the man as a dowry). This dowry is non-refundable to the lady's family, should the companionship contract be dissolved. (Free Man's signature here, to verify receipt of Dowry).
~OR~
Due to the Lady's past status (enter one of the Following: ' Previous Companionship(s)' OR the 'FW is a Former Slave'), there is no dowry for the Lady (enter FW's name here), and this has been deemed acceptable to the Man entering the companionship (enter Free Man's name here).

III. Personal Assets and Holdings of the Free Man and Free Woman.

I, (Free Man's signature here), of the Caste of _________, do hereby attest that these are my sole assets, possessions and holdings as of the date of the signing of this Contract:

(List all coin, properties, assets, including ships, lands, houses, businesses, slaves and other animals.)

These assets and holdings shall remain the sole, legal property of (Free Man's name here), yet may be shared freely at his own discretion, with the Lady (FW's name here) during the length of their Companionship. (Signature of both the FM and FW here)

Should the companionship contract be dissolved for any reason except Death of the Free Man, these holdings remain the sole property of (enter Free Man's name here) (Both FM and FW intials here).

Should the companionship contract be severed by the Death of (enter Free Man's name here), the Free Man's last Will and Testament will be enacted by the Executor of his Will in distributing his sole assets and holdings. If there is no Will at the time of Death, all of the Free Man's assets and Holdings are transferred to his children; if no children, then to the lady named in this contract (enter FW's name here), if Death occurs during the length of the Companionship.

I, Lady (FW's signature here) of the Caste of __________, do hereby attest that these are my sole assets, possessions and holdings as of the date of the signing of this Contract:

(List all coin, properties, assets, including ships, lands, houses, businesses, slaves and other animals.)

These assets and holdings shall remain the sole property of Lady (FW's name listed here), yet will be shared freely with her Free Companion, (list Free Man's name here) during the length of their Companionship.

Should the companionship contract be dissolved for any reason except Death, Slavery, or Breaking Contract Terms by the Lady named in this contract, these holdings will remain the sole property of FW's name listed here.

Should the Lady (list the FW's name here) be legally enslaved under Gorean Law by a Man not her Free Companion during the length of this Companionship, Gorean Law will apply to all assets, coin and holdings she owns defaulting to the ownership of the Free Man who enslaves her. This property ownership cannot be overturned by her male Free Companion except by a combat challenge to the Man who has enslaved her; and if the Free Woman was legally enslaved, that enslavement ruling cannot be overturned in any Court. Legal enslavement of the Lady can be appealed by the Lady's male family members, or by her Free Companion, in a Gorean Court of Law, normally the Court of the Ubar or Administrator in the city where enslavement occurred.

Should the Lady (list the FW's name here) be legally enslaved by her Free Companion (list Free Man's name here) during their Companionship, Gorean Law will apply to all assets, coin and holdings, sole and shared, defaulting to her Free Companion, (list Free Man's name). Enslavement and property default therefore cannot be overturned in any court of law.

Should the companionship contract be dissolved by the Death of (enter FW's name here) during the length of their companionship, all listed holdings shall become the sole property of (enter Free Man's name here) and any children born of their companionship and previous companionships of the Lady, thus no children will be excluded in the properties and holdings of their deceased Mother.

IV. Properties, Assets, and Holdings Aquired During the Companionship Contract.

I, (Free Man's signature) do hereby attest that any profits, properties, coin, assets and holdings I acquire during the length of this Companionship Contract (shall/shall not: state what the Man's wishes are) be shared with my Free Companion, (enter FW's name here).

I, (Free Woman's signature) do hereby attest that any profits, properties, coin, assets and holdings I acquire during the length of this companionship term shall be shared freely with my Free Companion, (enter Free Man's name here).

The Scribe preparing this contract has advised both parties that should the contract be Dissolved for any reason other than Death, Slavery, or Breaking of terms, the Shared and Acquired assets and properties gained during the Companionship Term shall be appropriated as follows: Any assets and holdings the Free Man has acquired during the Companionship through his own endeavors will then become His sole property. Any assets, coin, and holdings the Free Woman has acquired during the Companionship through her own endeavors will then become her sole property. Any jointly owned property that can be verified with a Deed as belonging to both the Free Woman and Free Man must be divided equally, or an agreement reached by both parties as to how it will continue to be shared; or its liquidation into coin to be equally distributed between both parties. Any disputes concerning jointly owned property and its proper distribution will be settled by the Highest-Ranking Scribe of the Free Man's Home Stone.

V. Child Custody

Legal custody of any children born of the companionship between (list Free Man's name AND FW's name) shall be appropriated under Gorean Law which specifies that a Free Man has rights to his own Heirs (Scribe will indicate one of the two custody arrangements below according to the wishes of the Free Man.):

IA: Should this Companionship Contract be dissolved or is not renewed and the Lady has not been enslaved or broken terms, Lady (Free Woman's name here) shall retain custody of (list which children will remain with the mother), born of the companionship, until the children have reached an age suitable for Caste Training, which is determined by the Caste of the Free Man; at which time custody shall be immediately delivered to the Father, (Free Man's name here), in order to be trained in the Caste of the Father. During the earliest years, (Free Man's name here) shall have full visitation rights of the children; after the children are delivered into his custody, Lady (FW's name here) may have visitation rights of the children which are subject to the discretion of the Father. The following children, (list children's names here, if any) born of this companionship shall remain with (FW's name here) until such time that they are companioned, with full rights of visitation given to (Free Man's name here); should this companionship be dissolved for reasons other than Death or Enslavement of the Lady, or her breaking of terms, (Free Man's name here) retains his rights as Father of the children in the choosing and approving of Suitors and Companions for his female children. The Free Woman named in this companionship understands that should her behavior not reflect that of a proper Free Woman and/or good example to her children or she is enslaved, the Father of the children (Free Man's Name here) may then seize custody of their children.
~OR~
IB: Should this Companionship Contract be dissolved or is not renewed for any reason, I, (Free Man's Signature Here) as Father of my Heirs hereby retain full custody of the following children born of this Companionship upon the contract's dissolvement: (State child's/childrens' name/names, and Genders here. Some Men will only want full custody of the boys not the girls.) The Lady (Free Woman's Name here's) privileges of visitation and/or to Instruct the children may or may not be given, and are subject to my discretion alone. I still retain my rights to visitation and the choosing of Suitors and Companions for any female children I allow the Mother full custody of.

VI. Terms and Penalties.

Both parties attest and agree that in the case of sexual relations of the Lady, (Free Woman's Name here) with any Free Person not her Free Companion named in this contract will result in this contract becoming Dissolved and the total loss of all sole and shared assets she possessed before and during the period of companionship. It is further understood by the Lady named in this contract that she can, under Gorean Law, be enslaved for engaging in Sexual Relations with another man not her Free Companion, further resulting in stripping of Caste, Citizenship and loss of any and all rights to her Children.

In the case of enslavement of the Lady (Free Woman's Name here), consequences will follow Gorean Laws for Enslavement; and any children born of this companionship Term shall be delivered immediately into the sole custody of the father, (FM's Name Here). Couching Law will also be enforced if such a case occurs.

In the case of a mutually agreed Dissolution of this contract before its expiration date, all properties and assets acquired during the length of the companionship shall be divided between both parties as specified above in the Clause above addressing property distribution and appropriation. A dissolution agreement must be filed with the proper authorities and signed by a minimum of two (2) witnesses.

With the affixing of my personal signature below, I attest that I enter into this Contract of Companionship of my own free will, and with full agreement to all terms, stipulations and penalties set forth.

(Free Man's Name, Home Stone, Rank, Date of Signing)

With the affixing of my personal signature below, I attest that I enter into this Contract of Companionship of my own free will, and with full agreement to all terms, stipulations and penalties set forth.

(Free Woman's Name, Home Stone, Rank, Date of Signing)

Witnessed, Signed and Sealed:

(Scribe's Signature and Rank, Gorean Date and official seal affixed here)

To be Filled out by the Man Performing the Joining Ceremony: Place of Ceremony, performed in the presence of at least two witnesses: (State Home Stone and House or place in the city where it was performed) Date of Ceremony: (List Gorean Date and Earthen Date here) Ceremony performed by: (Signature, Rank, and Home Stone here) (Official's Seal Here)

This contract must be renewed by the 20th ahn, Gorean midnight of its Anniversary date [ List the Earthern Mun Date for the couple to remember it ] or it shall become Dissolved under Gorean Law.

"At that point, in Gorean law, the companionship had been dissolved. The companionship had not been renewed by the twentieth hour, the Gorean Midnight, of its anniversary" -Marauders of Gor [/b]
Back to top Go down

Format: Contract of Free Companionship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Format: Contract of Free Companionship   Format: Contract of Free Companionship Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:09 am

read and acknowledge
Back to top Go down

Format: Contract of Free Companionship
Page 1 of 1