Oasis Of Two Scimitars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oasis Of Two Scimitars

A Gorean RP In The Tahari

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Medical Reference Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Medical Reference Guide Empty
PostSubject: Medical Reference Guide   Medical Reference Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 am

Medical reference Guide

Post Guest on Wed 1 Jun - 19:04

Anesthetics :

"She opened her eyes, and shook her head. What is this? she said. Capture scent, I said." ..."Shall I hold again the vial beneath her nose? I asked. Soaked in a rag and scarf and held over the nose and mouth of a female it can render her unconscious in five Ihn. She squirmed wildly for an Ihn or two, and then sluggishly, and then falls limp. It is sometimes used by Tarnsmen; it is often used by slavers. Anesthetic dart, too are sometimes used in the taking of female; these maybe flung, or entered into the body by hand; they take effect in about forty Ihn; she awakens often, in a slave kennel." (Marauders of Gor pg. 115-116)

"The man with the thief's scar again emerged from the ship, this time with a syringe. He injected a tiny bit of serum into each girl, entering the needle in the girls back, on the left side between the hip and backbone, passing the needle each time into a small vial he held in his left hand." ..."They will not awaken now, said the man with the Thief's scar, for better than an Ahn." ..."We began to go up to the third level. They seem very quiet, I observed. We permit them, said Flaminius, deigning to offer a bit of an explanation, five Ahn of varied responses, depending on when they recover from the frobicain injection." (Assassin of Gor pg. 99 & 126)

"I had been forced, sitting in the courtyard, my head back and nose held, to swallow a draft of water, into which a reddish powder had been mixed. I had shortly thereafter lost consciousness." ..."In the courtyard below, I said, I was drugged. It was done by tassa powder, she said. It was tasteless, and effective, I said. Slavers sometimes use it, she said. It is well for a girl not to drink with a strange man, she laughed. It shows up, of course, I said, in water. It is meant to be mixed with red wine, she said." (Fighting Slave of Gor pg. 222-224)

"Kamchak said nothing, but then he got up and from a chest in the wagon he took forth a goblet and filled it with an amber fluid, into which he shook a dark, bluish powder. He then took Elizabeth Cardwell in his left arm and with his right hand gave her the drink. Her eyes were frightened, but she drank. In a few moments she was asleep." (Nomads of Gor pg. 61-62)

"Stand quietly, the judge warned her, or you will be forced to drink a sedative." (Nomads of Gor pg. 121)

Brak bush :

A shrub whose leaves have a purgative effect when chewed.

Breeding wine :

A sweet beverage which counteracts the effects of slave wine, making a slave girl fertile; also called second wine.

Births/Infants :

Cut the cord at birth from the baby. ( Mercenaries of Gor ).
Talk about infant mortality. ( Tribesmen of Gor )
Feeding tubes and stomach pumps. ( Players of Gor )

Blood Transfusions :

"I sprang to my feet and ran to the door. Flaminius! I cried. Flaminius! A slave running past stopped on my command. Fetch Flaminius! I cried. He must bring blood! Sura must live! The slave hurtled down the hall. Flaminius came in but a few moments. With him he carried the apparatus of his craft, and a canister of fluid." (Assassin of Gor pg. 380)

Capture scent :

Chloroform; it will render a person unconscious when inhaled.

Emetics :

Mix the powder with water, drink. -Dancers of Gor, pg 238. ( See Laxatives. )

Frobicain :

"They seem very quiet," I observed. 'We permit them," said Flaminius, deigning to offer a bit of explanation, "five Ahn of varied responses, depending on when they recover from the frobicain injection. Mostly this takes the form of hysterical weeping, threats, demands for explanation, screaming and such. They will also be allowed to express their distress for certain periods at stated times in the future." (Assassin of Gor, page 126)

Gieron :

A drug, an allergen, which causes a yellowing of the whites of the eyes; in combination with Sajel, it reproduces the symptoms of the Bazi plague. Non-infectious.

"My pursuit of you was foiled," I said, "by the results of the drug you placed in my paga." "The drug," said Shaba, "was a simple combination of sajel, a simple postulant, and gieron, an unusual allergen. Mixed they produce a facsimile of the superficial symptoms of Bazi plague." "I could have been killed," I said, "by the mob." I did not think many would care to approach you," said Shaba. "It was not your intention then that I be killed?" I asked. "Certainly not," said Shaba. "if that was all that was desired, kanda might have been introduced into your drink as easily as sajel and gieron"

(( Bosk describing the symptoms of the Bazi plague related to what he experienced under the influence of sajel and gieron)) "I simply did not feel ill. I was slightly drunk and heated from the paga, but I did not believe myself fevered. My pulse and heartbeat, and respiration, seemed normal. I did not have difficulty catching my breath. I was neither dizzy nor nauseous, and my vision was clear. My worst physical symptoms were the irritation about my eyes and the genuinely nasty itchiness of my skin. I felt like tearing it off with my own fingernails." (Explorers of Gor, pg 136)

Healing Salve :

(( Tarl Cabot and Vika a slave speaking of an ointment )) "The ointment will soon be absorbed, she said. "In a few minutes there will be no trace of it nor of the cuts." The Physicians of Treve, I said, have marvelous medicines. It is an ointment of Priest Kings, she said." (Priest Kings of Gor pg 64)

(( This is injury occurred while Kurii slavers were abducting Eleanor Brighton from Earth )) "He touched the bloodied cut on my belly, where the branch had struck me. Then, with his hand, he lifted my head, turning it, looking at the cut on my cheek. We are not pleased, he said. I said nothing. Bring salve, he said. An ointment was brought, and he smeared it across the two cuts. It was odorless. To my surprise it seemed to be absorbed almost immediately. You must be careful, he said. Again I said nothing. You might have marked yourself, he said, or might have been blinded. He returned the ointment to another man. They are superficial, he told me, and will heal without trace." (Captive of Gor pg. 29-30)

Injections ( support for ) :

Phlebotomy (drawing blood) and use of needles is found in (Capture of Gor, pg 93-95)

Instant cellular disruption

Rapid aging, leads to immediate death.

Kanda :

A shrub of the Gorean desert; a lethal poison can be extracted from its roots, while chewing the leaves has an addictive narcotic effect. Rolled leaves, chewed for pain relief, just don't swallow them. ( Nomads of Gor, pg 43 )

(( Speaking of Kanda consumption )) "Kamchak and I waited until the string had been chewed. When Kamchak had finished he held out his right hand and a man, not a Tuchuk, who wore the green robes of the Caste of Physicians, thrust in his hand a goblet of bosk horn; it contained some yellow fluid. Angrily, not concealing his distaste, Kutaituchik drained the goblet and then hurled it from him." (Nomads of Gor, pg. 44)

(( Speaking of Kanda addiction )) "Kutaituchik absently reached into a small golden box near his right knee and drew out a string of rolled kanda leaf. The roots of the kanda plant, which grows largely in desert regions on Gor, are extremely toxic, but, surprisingly, the rolled leaves of this plant, which are relatively innocuous, are formed into strings and, chewed or sucked, are much favored by many Goreans, particularly in the southern hemisphere, where the leaf is more abundant. Kutaituchik, not taking is eyes off us, thrust one end of the green kanda string in the left side of his mouth and, very slowly, began to chew it." (Nomads of Gor, pg. )

Laxatives ( The use of ) :

(( use of medications to control the stomach and bowels of slaves )) "Some girls I have been told sometimes try to swallow small coins but this is foolish. The coin can be produced swiftly enough in such cases by emetics and laxatives." (Dancer of Gor, pg 238)

Mud packs :

Put around a sprain to help with pain and swelling.

Sajel :

A drug which causes harmless pustules to erupt on the body; in combination with Gieron, it reproduces the symptoms of the Bazi plague. Non-infectious. ( See Gieron for more description. )

Shock :

Common symptoms include - Pale, sweaty, or clammy skin. A drop in blood pressure and elevated pulse rate. Rapid, shallow respirations.

"Sometimes, said Flaminius... shock cannot be so easily prevented. Indeed sometimes the lash itself drives the girl into shock. Then sedations and drugs are called for." (Assassin of Gor, pg 128)

Sip root :

A bitter root whose extract is the active ingredient in slave wine. Red Savages make their slaves chew as a means of birth control. ( Red Savage of Gor)

Slave wine :

A black, bitter beverage that acts as a contraceptive; its effect is instantaneous and lasts for well over a month; can be counter-acted with a another, sweet-tasting beverage.

Sleeping powder :

Amber fluid - add water and shake, turns a dark blue.

Snake bites :

( Explorers of Gor, pg 239 ) Ost bites - Immediate death. Its venom is a neurotoxin, there is NO antidote and NO immunity can be obtained. Massive tissue necrosis. ( also in Outlaws of Gor, pg 28 and Assassins of Gor, pg 335 )

Stabilization Serums :

A series of medical injections which, among other things, retards the aging process; an invention of the Priest-Kings, approved by them for use by humans; administered in 4 injections.

Supplements, Dietary:

(( Speaking of dietary supplements used by the Priest Kings ))"...the Mul-Pellets are undoubtedly some type of dietary supplement..." ( Priest Kings of Gor, pg. 109)

Tassa powder :

A reddish powder, usually mixed with red wine, which renders the consumer unconscious.

(( A tranquilizer other than tassa powder )) "Kamchak said nothing, but then he got up and from a chest in the wagon he took forth a goblet and filled it with an amber fluid, which he shook a dark, bluish powder. He then took Elizabeth Cardwell in his left arm and with his right hand gave her the drink. Her eyes were frightened, but she drank. In a few moments she was asleep." (Nomads of Gor pg. 61-62)

Teslik :

A plant whose extract is the active ingredient in breeding wine.

Yellow powder :

Concentrated brak brush. Used as a laxative, causes diarrhea.
Back to top Go down

Medical Reference Guide
Page 1 of 1